Friday, September 12, 2008

Quoth the librarian . . .


It's here! The Edgar Allan Poe action figure with removable raven! It arrived this morning and I'm pretty sure some other unnamed foes were thinking of purloining it, but their tell-tale hearts gave them away. I swooped in and rescued it for the contest. Speaking of the contest, it's the Reference Question of the Fortnight Contest, of course, but I'm getting so many questions I may have to make it weekly. Maybe. Do let me interject this, though: I'm the one in charge of filling out the little slips that get folded and put in the basket for the drawing and if I decide your question's not worthy, it doesn't go in. Make it a good one. Last week someone gigglingly asked me what Spanish for "hello" was, in the hopes of upping the statistical chance of being drawn and while I don't want to quash the spirit of free inquiry, I'm not going to stuff the ballot box with dandruff just for the sake of bulk. Remember: the librarian is better than Google, but the very same quality of discernment that allows me to tell if you're still confused or need more help also allows me to figure out if you're kidding, OK?

No comments: