Friday, September 26, 2008

Greatest books


Just to see how we're doing, I did a little digging in our OPAC. (That's our online catalog, what used to be the card catalog when it was still on, you know, cards.) Do we have the 100 Greatest Books Allegedly Ever Written? Actually, we're doing pretty well - we had all but about 10 of them and considering the physical size of the library that's fairly impressive. Naturally some personal favorites didn't make the list, but then again there were some titles that brought a smile to my face, forgotten old friends I should revisit one of these days. I spent the afternoon shopping around to fill in what gaps we do have, and that led me to wondering . . . is your favorite book in here? What is it? This is your library - make it so. If there's a book you're dying to read and haven't had a chance, let me know. I may not have much power, but I can do that - just ask!

No comments: