Thursday, September 25, 2008

Bite into a book!


Teen Read Week is on the horizon, and in this, my inaugural year as a real live librarian, we get to celebrate Books with Bite. The American Library Association gets to pick the theme, of course, and it's like they read my mind, for as you will soon see for your own selves, I absolutely loooove Halloween. I love everything about it: the costumes, the candy, the cooler weather, the vague suggestion of prankishness, even its connection to the celebration of seasonal change and harvest holidays.

As soon as my groovy graphics are done, I'll be putting up the book display. Vampire fiction is an obvious choice and we're pretty well-stocked at the Savidge-Bowers library, but how about books about food and cooking? Bite into that with your vampire teeth!

No comments: