Monday, October 6, 2008

Electronic resources


I am very, very, very happy to say that today I got two requests from different students to show them how to use the electronic resources we have here at the Savidge/Bowers Library. If you're wondering the same thing but are too shy to ask, here's some help. You can just click here to go to the library's databases page, or you can go to the school's site first,then go to "academics," then select the link for "library," and then you can click on the icon for the database you want. I recommend the Gale Student Resource Center Gold collection, by the way. I further recommend choosing only full-text articles, because otherwise you're just frustrating yourself. If you don't check that box it returns everything out there, including stuff we don't have, and there you are wanting something you know exists but can't access. Terrible! So pick the full-text option and then you can read or print to your heart's content.

If that doesn't get you where you need to be, come see me. That's my job, remember?

No comments: