Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What's new in the library?

Other than the blog? Today I cataloged and labeled a whole bevy of new things to put out on the shelf tomorrow morning. I got your AP test prep books right here! Also, several volumes on Roman emperors, some new fiction, and the latest edition of the MLA handbook. Get 'em while they're hot.

And what's the librarian reading these days? To my delight, I found a collection of short stories by M.F.K. Fisher on the shelf. I have an abiding interest in the literature of food - I like to feed all my senses, you see, and in the interest of time I can feed several at once by reading about food - and Miss Fisher's prose has a delicious combination of lyricality and good humor that make it irresistible.

I did notice that although we allegedly have four titles by Kinky Friedman, none of them are on the shelf. Whoever took them without checking them out and is now holding them hostage . . . GIVE THEM BACK. Just leave them on the desk when I'm not looking and no one will be the wiser.

No comments: