Thursday, August 28, 2008

The view from my window


This morning they poured concrete slab for the new Arts Building just across the way, so the big plan to have the place up and ready for next fall seems to be within reach. This morning the library hosted the Parents' Association meeting, and we are getting ready for the Board of Trustees at 4 p.m., and all day long I have had people thank me and apologize for invading the space. The truth is . . . I like having company. If they'd let me I'd serve the coffee myself. Don't get me wrong, I had some things to do this morning that didn't happen, but really if given a choice between crawling around in the reference section dusting the encyclopedias or listening to a nice talk and meeting the parents . . . what would most people pick?

Right. The dust will be there tomorrow!

No comments: