Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Is this Florida, or what?


In case you've been under a rock or something this week, we're having a cold spell. Actually, I kind of like it. First of all, as you know it's been a while since I've had to be dressed like a grownup five days a week and this is giving me a chance to wear all the nice woolens I saved from my previous life up North - major wardrobe expansion. Second, it's perfect weather for settling in with a book, of course! A book, some hot chocolate, crackling fire, a cat for company . . . I don't need the glamorous life, just give me good literature. Apparently I'm not alone, either: my circulation statistics are way up.

Speaking of books, unless you've been under the aforementioned rock, you know that Twilight is being released as a film this Friday. If you need a fix before then, see me at the desk. I've got it up front for now because it's circulating so fast I'm afraid it will start smoking. Don't know what all the fuss is about? Stop any random girl on the street between ages 11-17 and ask her what she thinks of Robert Pattinson. And then take two steps backwards, place your index fingers in your ears, and prepare to resuscitate her from hyperventilation.

1 comment:

Savidge/Bowers Librarian said...

Tune in next week to see if our intrepid librarian makes it to the movie theater, or if her secret other life interferes with her plot to spend two uninterrupted hours doing something other than work.