Monday, December 15, 2008

Zero hour

It's exam week. This morning I announced that as promised, the library would be open at 7 a.m. Given that it's Monday I didn't expect too much patronage this morning, and I was right: one customer, for the copy machine only.

I also announced that there would be enforced silence, in order to let studiers study. There's been some trouble with that, so I fear that tomorrow there will have to be some sad detention-bound faces in the crowd. If you'd police yourselves, I wouldn't have to do it. But because you don't, I have the grim task of meting out divine justice, so to speak. Today I also got to eat lunch standing up in Mrs. B's office because apparently there was a soccer game in here last week. I admire high-spiritedness, but only from afar.

No comments: